If you are reading this, you’d probably are looking to upgrade your floor standing tower speakers for something that has more power and volume.
The thing to understand with tower speakers is that it is not just volume or wattage that you want – you also want speakers with a good crossover network to filter the sound so that you get both volume and balanced sound at any volume level.
In this review, we’ve tested and chosen the best floor standing tower speakers that deliver loud volume and well-balanced overall sound performance. They are great for creating soundstage and have excellent separation between right and left speaker channels.
Be sure to check out our top picks for the loudest floor standing tower speakers below!
If you are aiming for an audiophile grade floor standing tower speaker, go for the Martin Logan Motion 60XT tower speakers. These are extremely high-grade speakers designed to provide a near-perfect soundstage for detailed listening. When paired with a suitable stereo amplifier, these tower speakers can produce massive volume and crystal clear midranges which really bring out the true essence in your music sountrack.
We were thoroughly impressed when we first heard these speakers – they produce extremely vibrant sound with wide frequency response. The highs and midranges are well-articulated and present in the audio recording without sounding too harsh and pronounced.
Everything on these tower speakers is done with care and with moderation to present the music exactly as the artist intended it to be heard, and the 60XT tower speakers gets it spot on.
Here are some key specs:
- Martin Logan’s Folded Motion XT tweeter squeezes air and requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1-Inch dome tweeter, minimizing distortion while providing a lightning fast response time
- This Folded Motion Tweeter is engineered with a large surface area (8-times that of a typical 1-Inch dome tweeter) to create clear, highly dynamic and precise sound
- Elegant design with a flawless high-gloss finish to blend into any modern interior
- Precision built advanced topology Vostro crossover and high-performance aluminum cone woofer
- Audiophile-grade 5-way bi-wire binding posts provide a secure connection
The Polk Audio S60 is a tower speaker that delivers loud and crystal clear audio performance. Each tower speaker alone has 3 X 6.5” acoustic drivers and a tweeter dome to deliver crystal clear highs, detailed midranges and realistic vocals. Plus, the pump out a lot of volume too, making them one of the loudest floor standing speakers you can find.
The sound quality on the Polk S60 speakers is extremely clear and well-defined. It feels almost as though you are sitting in front of a real life concert hall with these speakers. The stereo separation on the right and left channels is perfectly balanced, giving the impression that the sound is coming from somewhere in between the speakers.
While these floors standing tower speakers aren’t cheap, they certainly deliver a good sonic punch and powerful stereo sound performance.
Here are some important specs:
- These tower speakers comes as two S60 Floorstanding speakers and 50 feet of wire cable – all that is required for setting up a new or upgraded system
- Polk’s S60 Tower Speaker delivers crystal clear stereo sound. It features a Dynamic Balance acoustic array, (3) 6.5″ drivers and (1) 1″ Terylene tweeter dome producing detailed highs, realistic vocals and much deeper bass
- These speakers deliver very loud volume while minimizing any kind of distortion and giving you rich full-range sound for movies, TV and music
- The rounded edges and detailing are stylish looks with a performance oriented design. The speakers have a height of 45 inches
- The 50 feet 14-Gauge speaker cable comes with a plastic jacket around it that helps reduce distortions in sound, thus delivering high-quality audio signals to the source and back
The Klipsch RP-280F Reference tower speakers are a set of high-performance speakers that deliver audiophile grade sound. They can get very loud with plenty of volume and yet maintain consistent sound quality without any distortion. We were genuinely surprised at how good these speakers sounded – you get crystal clear sound with well-balanced highs and mids, and a considerable amount of bass at the same time.
The soundstage that you get with these tower speakers is excellent. Sitting in front of these speakers, you can hear exactly where each music note is originating from. The speakers work in tandem to create a soundstage that feels noticeable and lifelike.
We really liked the powerful low-frequency response on these speakers – the bass is smooth and deep, and the volume output is way beyond what you’d normally expect from floor standing tower speakers. Be careful when turning the volume knob to maximum on this one!
Some key specs for this tower speaker:
- Klipsch Tactrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat coupled to a square horn mouth to further improve high–frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The compressed molded rubber construction adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and improve detail. This creates clean, natural sound without any distortion.
- A Linear Travel Suspension minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance. LTS Tweeters have been a hallmark of previous Klipsch Reference lines.
- Dual 8″ Cerametallic woofers deliver maximum volume output without any distortion. When paired with the Klipsch Tractrix Horn–loaded LTS tweeter, it provides excellent speaker efficiency.
- Utilizing Tractrix geometry, the all new Reference Premiere ports allows for efficient, fastest air transfer from the cabinet
Another contender for the top spot, the BIC America RTR-1530 tower speaker is definitely worth checking out. These speakers are built for superb sound quality and volume reproduction, and can deliver crystal clear highs with detailed midranges and vocal performance.
We were pretty surprised at how loud the RTR-1530 speakers can go. The pump out very clean audio performance without any distortion, and we were able to get clean and distortion-free audio at every volume level. They are great for listening to turntables or for home theater applications.
One thing about the soundstage – the RTR-1530s have excellent soundstage and stereo imaging. You’d be surprised at how detailed the sound quality and soundstage is from the speakers, especially with instrumental and orchestra music.
Some key specs on these tower speakers:
- Very large output of 10W-325W per channel
- Equipped with a 15″ woofer for loud volume output
- 4″ wide-dispersion midrange
- Black laminate finish blends into home interior décor
- MDF construction with vent
- Recommended Power: 10 Watts to 325 Watts per Channel
- 3-Way Tower with Heavy Duty 15 Woofer
If you are looking for a high-fidelity tower speaker, go for the Pioneer Elite SP-EFS73 tower speakers. These speakers are designed specially to produce precise audio performance, rendering the sound exactly as the artist intended it to be heard through optimized speaker channels.
This is essentially a 3-way speaker system where each major frequency band is optimized with a separate driver. This allows the speaker to deliver crisp highs, midranges and low-frequencies with the help of each driver and balanced by a cross-over network.
Furthermore, we like that the Pioneer Elite SP-EFS73 are Dolby Atmos compatible, so you are able to connect this tower speaker to your home theater for a true surround sound experience.
Some key specs you should know:
- The Pioneer Elite comes with a transducer which reduces interference between midrange and tweeter, controlling sound directivity at all frequencies. This ensures that direct and reflected sound arrive at the listening position with identical timing and timbre
- A true 3-way speaker design means each major frequency band is represented with a separate driver. The high-frequency, midrange and low-frequency drivers help deliver balanced sound for a better listening experience
- A Dolby Atmos-enabled top-firing concentric driver provides a well-rounded sound landscape. This speaker requires a Dolby Atmos compatible speaker set up and a Dolby Atmos compatible receiver/processor and Dolby Atmos encoded content
- Complex Crossover network perfectly blends audio between the woofer and tweeter for greater accuracy. Three 5-inch bass drivers for dynamic bass performance
The one thing that makes the Definitive Technology BP-9020 tower speakers stand out is that each tower speaker features an array of 5 speakers. Each speaker is dedicated to producing a frequency band from the highs, midranges to low-end bass output, allowing you to hear the full spectrum of sound.
Apart from this speaker array, the tower speakers also have an 8” subwoofer and dual base radiators that deliver deep bass performance. From our testing of various tower speakers, we would say that these speakers have one of the strongest bass we have heard.
The music quality on the BP-9020 is crystal clear – with clean soundstage and vibrant vocal performances. The level of detail that you get from each speaker is crystal clear, and the speakers provide great stereo separation between left and right channels.
We also liked the tonal balance these speakers have – the crossover network balances out the highs and mids, making the sound quality feel smooth and consistent without any bumps in sound production.
Here are some notable specs:
- Features BDSS technology drivers on front and rear array with a total of 5 speakers
- Front 1″ tweeter & (2) 3.5″ mid drivers – rear facing 3.5″ mid driver for accurate lifelike sound
- These speakers have dual bass radiators that reproduce very deep lows and bass
- Forward-Focused Bipolar Technology elevates audio to the paramount levels. Its wide sound dispersion maximizes soundstage and allows music to reach you wherever you are!
- This tower speaker comes with a built-in docking port that allows you to connect an optional A90 height speaker
- Definitive’s proprietary Intelligent Bass Control helps enhance bass, which maintains an overall balance between the lows and the mids so you get crystal clear sound
We were pretty surprised at how good the ELAC UF5 speakers sounded – they are truly audiophile grade tower speakers you can get if you aren’t going to spend upwards of $1000 on a set of tower speakers. The sound quality from these speakers, apart from being very loud, is crystal clear and sublime. You can hear details in the music which you’d normally not notice unless you are using very high quality speakers, and the ELAC speakers comes close to replicating the true audiophile experience.
Let’s talk about the highs and midranges – these speakers can produce them with effective clarity without any distortion at any volume level. This means that even if you decide to turn the volume to maximum (which you really shouldn’t considering how loud these speakers are), you’d not hear any distortion from these speakers.
They come with a wide speaker array on each tower speaker with a dedicated crossover network for full-range sound reproduction. The speakers deliver very good soundstage, allowing you to appreciate where the sound is originating from at a distance.
Some key specs on these tower speakers:
- Features a custom-designed concentric driver
- Wide Frequency response of 42 Hz to 25,000 kHz
- Balanced three-way design (each speaker driver handles a set frequency band)
- Robust cabinets; Nominal impedance: 4 Ω
- High quality base and feet with sleek exterior design
- Dedicated crossover network and aluminum woofer for deep bass
The Polk Audio RTI A9 is a floor standing tower speaker that gets really loud and produces massive volume. These speakers do not distort at all, and you can practically throw any music genre at these speakers and they will produce high-fidelity sound.
We really liked the frontal speaker array which helps to create a balanced soundstage. This soundstage sounds way much more detailed as compared to other floor standing speakers due to the wide speaker array – it’s almost as if you were sitting in a real life concert hall.
Vocal and instrumental performances had high-fidelity – you can pick up almost every single detail in the music with good spatial imaging. You can also re-listen to previous soundtrack recordings and hear details that you might not have noticed before.
Apart from their loud sound performance, each tower speaker cabinet is made from MDF construction and has a sleek exterior design.
Here are some notable key specs:
- Comes as a single real wood floor standing tower speaker with all MDF construction and resonance free enclosures
- Equipped with dual 5.25 Inch polymer composite Cone drivers and three 7 inch polymer composite subwoofers
- Features power port technology to reduce internal noises and sonic resonance
- Equipped with one 1 inch Silk/polymer composite dome tweeter
- Acoustic drivers are equipped with neodymium magnets, low viscosity ferro fluid cooling, and a heat sink on the back of the magnet for faster sound response